Our client, an aerospace parts manufacturer, is currently recruiting for an Aerospace Design Project Engineer for their location in Mt. Juliet, TN.
- Manage and participate in all aspects of product development for assigned components, as detailed below –
o Analyze existing commercial aircraft components in order to reverse engineer them and develop equivalent replacement parts.
o Direct and manage dimensional inspection and material analysis of assigned components by outside suppliers.
o Perform dimensional inspections with calibrated measurement tools including an Automated Vision System.
o Create and revise Engineering drawings SolidWorks.
o Determine required Acceptance and Qualification testing for assigned components. Prepare Test Procedures and oversee development of required test fixtures and test equipment.
o Support the development and qualification of new suppliers. Act as technical liaison with suppliers to support production of assigned components.
o Analyze part function in the Aircraft to prepare Safety Assessment on assigned components and associated aircraft systems.
o Prepare design substantiation document packages for FAA Parts Manufacturer Approval.
· Provide Technical Support to customers, suppliers and internal personnel for existing products.
· Perform other activities as assigned by management
This position may require 5-15% travel to visit airline engineering departments, overhaul facilities and the Federal Aviation Administration offices, including locations outside the United States.
EDUCATION / PRIOR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with SolidWorks required.
- Experience with mechanical drafting and GD&T.
- Knowledge of electrical and electromechanical aircraft components, controls, and accessories including testing requirements, materials, and drawing requirements is preferred.
- 2-5 years commercial or military aerospace design or project experience with similar products preferred
- Experience with Vision System and/or Optical Comparator inspection equipment a plus.
- Hands-on manufacturing or repair shop experience is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated effective decision making, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with the FAA-PMA process a strong benefit.
- Must be flexible in handling multiple tasks and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment