Large International chemical manufacturer is looking for an Area Sales Manager for their refinery and Water Treatment process chemicals to manage existing refinery sales team(s), and power business, while developing sale opportunities within the refining, petrochemical and power markets. The ASM position is a strategic managerial and customer interfacing member of the sales team, which will require effective collaboration to achieve yearly objectives.
Company is searching for a candidate who is a self-starter, driven, highly competitive, and results-oriented. Responsibilities include:
Company is looking for someone who can:
- Ability to successfully sell into the power, refinery, and petrochemical market segments
- Capability to manage & lead assigned company’s Site teams that support our customers
- Interact with customers (current & new) to understand their business needs and goals
- Routinely meet with company’s customer Key Stakeholders & Leadership to review our KPI’s
- Cultivate strong relationships with Key Stakeholders, including Plant Leadership
- Provide technical support for company’s chemical treatment programs in a timely manner
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data & providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing optimally.
- Actively communicate and sell new company innovations & technology solutions to address customer operational issues.
- Promote continuous improvement and innovation projects to support our value generations relationship with our customers.
- Communicate & document value delivered by company products and services to customers
The position will require 40-50% travel time
Company offers a base salary of 120-135K, bonus plan, car allowance, office office, 401K contribution and comprehensive benefits package.
Company offers a thorough relocation package for the right, qualified candidate.
Company is looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or other Technical / Engineering / Science Degree
- 10 years’ industrial experience
- 6+ years’ experience with refinery process and water chemical treatment programs
- 10 years of Power, Refinery, and/or Petrochemical experience
- Power, refinery, petrochemical, or industrial plant experience
- Knowledge of how to design, install, apply and monitor chemical treatment programs
- Experience handling hazardous materials
- Results driven Leadership philosophy that utilizes an empowerment style to achieve innovative, continuous, and measureable results
- Experience managing sales team with direct reports
- Working knowledge of Industrial Process and Water treatment systems & programs
- Demonstrates strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Comprehensive understanding of customer requirements for the power, refinery, and petrochemical market segments
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Commitment to safety, customer service quality and to work in team-oriented environment
- Strong Mechanical aptitude