Johnson Service Group (JSG) is seeking a talented Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) with aerospace and defense expertise.
Scope of Experience and Responsibilities:
- 5-8+ years of supplier quality engineering experience within a machine shop, assembly, inspection and/or test environment, ideally with high precision parts and products, such as hydraulic actuators.
- Will lead supplier quality MRB / non-conformance product issues.
- Evaluate Quality Management System (QMS) procedures, documents and work instructions.
- Track, report and analyze quality metrics and identify improvements.
- Quality engineering activities will include: First Article Inspection (FAI); Measurement System Analysis (MSA); and Statistical Process Control (SPC) processes.
- Heavily involved with regulatory and/or customer audits.
- Drive continuous improvement principles, methods and tools.
- Perform internal quality audits.
- Knowledge of Title 14 CFR Parts 21, 43, 45, and 145 and related FAA requirements.
- Solid understanding of corresponding regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Evaluates procedures and work instructions that are required per the Quality Management System.
- Working knowledge in the interpretation of engineering specifications, mechanical drawings, electrical schematics and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Knowledge of ISO9001, AS9100, TS16949, QS9000 and/or TS-16949.
- Strong knowledge of Six Sigma principles, tools and methodology, and advocates utilization throughout the organization.
- Understanding of PLC quality process and the use of quality planning tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with the following:
- AS9100 - Assessments and product process walks
- PFMEA - Assist suppliers with Process Failure Modes & Effects Analysis
- PPAP - Production Part Approval Process review and approval
- RCCA - Root Cause and Corrective Action Analysis expertise, as well as supplier development using quality tools, (APQP, etc.)
- DFAR - requirements knowledge, government contracting experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field.
- Green Belt certification is required and Blackbelt is preferred.
- ASQ certification is a plus.
- Must have a aerospace/aviation/defense industry experience
- Must have quality assurance experience
- Must have PPAP
- Must have MRB