Job Title: Entry Level Process/Chemical Engineer
Location: Mooresboro, NC 28074/ Chesnee, SC
Salary: $55-65k (depending on experience) plus bonus
Industry: Industrial Manufacturing (chemicals, metals)
Status of hire: full-time, direct hire, salaried
TRS is seeking a Process/Chemical Engineer to join their team of experience professionals in the northern Spartanburg, SC area. The primary goal of this position is to improve the overall performance of the plant process. Will be performing technical and non-technical work requiring originality, judgment, and technical knowledge. Responds to operating, quality control, maintenance, safety, and environmental problems of technical nature. Responsible for assisting with overall coordination of technical projects, both short and long term, from conceptualization through start-up and operation.
Essential Job Duties
· Coordinating technical, process, maintenance, or construction projects which vary in scope and complexity, which includes identifying/ recommending resources needed to execute projects
· Arrives at functional solutions to operating, maintenance, and environmental problems
· Solves non-routine technical problems
· Provides technical consultation to operating personnel in establishing or revising operating and maintenance procedures.
· Interprets test and operating data and makes appropriate, timely recommendations, based on fundamental scientific and engineering principles
· Participate in new process development
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering required, as well as internship(s)/co-op(s) completed in process engineering in an industrial manufacturing environment
· Must understand process piping, industrial pumping equipment, process optimization, etc.
· Must be able to wear all safety equipment used in plant and ability to climb stairs and ladders regularly
· Must pass a fit and pulmonary test to wear a respirator (use of a respirator will be very rare)
· Must be able to travel to attend seminars/conferences, visit customers or suppliers, or conduct tests/projects at off-site plants, as required
· Ability to cope with multiple tasks in an industrial environment
· Ability to analyze business data and determine key performance indicators
· Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to determine a course of action quickly
**Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer, regardless of authorization or visa transfer
**Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, background check, and respirator test/physical to be eligible for hire
**Local candidates only, at this time