Lead Security Engineer
- The Lead Security Engineer will work seamlessly with the Security Engineer Lead to conduct security engineering activities.
- Design, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of web sites, networks and information privacy.
- Identify, define & implement system security requirements for external and internal facing web applications.
- Work with the Infrastructure and Engineering Staff to incorporate tools and best practices that ensure control requirements are addressed to promote a robust security posture for the communications aspects of applications in both a private on premises data centers and public cloud offerings.
- Conduct assessments using COTS and other tools to ensure coding practices are followed and effective as well as identify risks.
- Ensure the secure design, architecture, installation, configuration, hardening, and remediation for software applications to protect organizations’ sensitive information for On-Prem and Cloud environments.
- Validate that system and application design and architecture meet best practice Security standards.
- Develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach. Information Security Engineers are also responsible for educating the workforce on information security through training and building awareness.
- Follow documented application technical approaches to assess threats and residual risks, along with specifying the implementations required.
- Utilize the organization tasking tracking database, framework and application to manage security operations and make the necessary reports based on due dates, assignments, coordination requirements, percent of completion, completion and archival. Devise solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
- Analyze change requests for security impact to applications and provide recommendations to program leadership.
- Monitor and track application related security defects and resolutions; assign tasks to the appropriate working group or individual. Coordinate and facilitates working groups and integrated process teams to achieve solution.
- Assist in establishing and implementing a Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) capability within application environments to ensure integrated security controls for the System of Systems (SoS).
- Focus on application interface management as it relates to security impacts and networking needs between Cloud and on premises Data Centers, and Cloud and Internet (VPN) users.
- Work within a Sprint to ensure engineering features and enhancements include security requirements and meet Federal directives. Act as a bridge between project teams or developers and security personnel, by being able to understand and interface in all areas. Identifies specific areas of concern related to securing sensitive data in a both a cloud and data center environment.
- Provide thought leadership to provide guidance and best practices for the implementation of SoS.
- Provide expertise with Federal Requirements related to special classifications of data especially FISMA, FedRAMP, NIST, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant major from an accredited college or university with 10+ years of continuous and progressive experience or Master’s Degree with 8+ years of progressive experience.
- Acquisition, design, deployment, installation, maintenance, and usage of the Government Enterprise networks.
- Engineering solutions within multiple Cloud Service Providers, in particular AWS.
- Enterprise level security hardening for Windows, Linux, Android and/or iOS operating systems and SQL, Oracle, and RDS database solutions in accordance with Center for Internet Security (CIS) and Security Technical Implementation Technical Guides (STIGs).
- Experience conducting web application and code testing for all systems and applications, and open source dependencies, providing analysis and risk assessments for vulnerabilities discovered. Oversee development and implementation of vulnerability remediation strategies. Configuration and execution of vulnerability and web application scans.
- Experience with automating server configuration for security including logging, key changes, and system hardening.
- Knowledge of web application attacks and defense strategies including those found in the OWASP Top 10 and mobile Top 10 Knowledge of encryption, key management and cryptology.
- Understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well Architected Framework.
- Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (NIST 800-37), Security Controls as described in NIST 800-35, and the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines.
- Experience with performing threat modelling, risk analysis, root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation.
- CISSP, CCNP, AWS SA, applicable MS certs are pluses.
Keywords: Greenbelt MD Jobs, Lead Security Engineer, Enterprise Networks, Cloud Service Providers, AWS, Cisco ASA, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Security, Maryland Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Maryland Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems. We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
No Corp-To-Corp Or Third Party Recruiters; W-2 Direct Hire Only.
Name: Gina Gomulka