Quantitative Software Engineer - Will Relocate To Houston, TX!
***Company has experienced consistent growth adding 20% to their headcount each year!***
Fantastic opportunity with a very successful, growing company with cutting-edge technology and a staff consisting of many of the brightest technical talent in the world. Will relocate the right candidate. Will sponsor visa’s. Will consider recent college grads with stellar academic record. Candidates with experience at finance, trading, software and/or technology companies preferred.
We are seeking an exceptional Quantitative Software Engineer with high caliber big data and distributed computing experience to join the team. Working hand-in-hand with quantitative researchers, quantitative engineers build tools and systems to enable predictions using granular economic data at a very large scale. The platforms you build will also enable the rest of the company process increasingly larger and more nuanced datasets.
- Work very closely with, and provide solutions for our researchers.
- Design, engineer and implement software-based trading analytics.
- Engineer large-scale, real-time, and distributed quantitative software applications.
- Engineer high-performance, multi-threaded quantitative software applications using several programming languages including Java, C++, Python, Scala and Spark, all in Linux with industry-standard toolchains.
- 2-6 years of experience, we expect this person to be fairly junior.
- Strong experience with any of 4 OO languages (Java, C, C++, Python); though Python is preferred.
- You should also be strong with distributed computing and very strong with big data, specifically with Spark. The Spark piece is key.
- Computer Science degree is required.
- BA in computer science or an equivalent software engineering field.
- Professional experience in a production environment in an object oriented or functional language, preferably Java or Python.
- Experience and knowledge with declarative, single-assignment, directed-acyclic-graph parallel programming models similar to Apache Spark.
*Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree from a top computer science program preferred. Prefer degrees from Rice University, University of Texas-Austin, Texas A&M, University of Houston, Texas Tech University, University of Georgia, University of Virginia, Duke University. Also, Carnegie Mellon University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology/MIT, Stanford University, University of California-Berkeley, Cornell University, University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign, Princeton University, University of Washington, Georgia Institute of Technology, California Institute of Technology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
Keywords: Houston TX Jobs, Quantitative Software Engineer, Python, Java, C/C++, Scala, Apache Spark, Linux, Large Data, Quant, Texas Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Texas Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems. We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Sponsor Visas! Company Will Relocate Candidates!
"PLEASE DO NOT APPLY" If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.
Name: Mike Stapinski