Reporting to the Studio Leader, with great latitude for independent judgment, the successful candidate will perform highly difficult and technically complex work as an engineering specialist with plumbing engineering expertise. The selected candidate will also provide guidance to the Plumbing Engineering design project teams and monitor plumbing systems tasks. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Prepare complex plans, specifications and project schedules.
2. Perform project coordination and ensure completion of engineering tasks.
3. Conduct field visits (surveys in pre-design and design phase, and inspections of projects under construction) and emergency site visits throughout all five boroughs.
4. Prepare complex condition assessment and feasibility reports, all phases of project design and construction drawings using CADD and specifications.
5. Provide support during all phases of design and construction.
6. Coordinate construction documents and constructability reviews.
7. Coordinate with design teams to establish and assure implementation of plumbing design standards for the Capital Program.
8. Prepare cost estimates; track project schedules and budgets.
9. Sign and seal engineering and other official documents.
10. Provide bi-weekly project progress and status reports.
11. Review projects designed by consultants.
12. May serve as a leader on a project of great technical complexity.
13. Represent the Office of Design at interdepartmental meetings.
14. Serve as Unit liaison for plumbing engineering issues.
NOTE: This position is open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate in your cover letter that you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a Program. For detailed information regarding the 55-a Program, please visit the following link: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/psb/100_1.pdf
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. Four (4) years of full-time, satisfactory experience in mechanical engineering work; and
2. A valid New York State Professional Engineer s License. Current New York State registration as a Professional Engineer must be maintained for the duration of your employment.
A master’s degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education and by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) may be substituted for one year of the mechanical engineering experience required in “1” above.
In addition to above qualification requirements, to be eligible for placement in Assignment Levels II and III, individuals must have at least one year within the last three years of experience as a major contributor or a project leader on a complex project requiring additional and specific expertise in the discipli
For a complete description and to apply, interested candidates may submit cover letter and resume to www.nyc.gov/careers/search. Search for JOB ID# 362942.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The New York City Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer