Carlson Design Group is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our engineering team to be a part of our expanding business.
Carlson's market focus is Mission Critical, Light Industrial, Financial Services and Commercial.
Our Design Philosophy
What we offer:
- We take pride in our ability to listen, to understand and to execute. We seek to provide solutions that are compelling, well crafted, technically sound, resilient, and fiscally responsible.
- We see the design process as a collaboration among our Architects, Engineers, Client's Stakeholders and expanded project teams.
- We strive to create environments that are responsive to their context, their function and most importantly to the people who own, occupy and work within them.
- We stay current with advancements in our industry. Taking the opportunity to elevate each design solution through incorporation of products, processes and techniques that benefit the success of the project.
Why Carlson Design Group:
- Career planning, development & growth in pursuit of advancement in the engineering field and
- Industry-leading training programs
- Access to cutting edge technologies
- Exposure to complex and sophisticated project types
- Part of a large organization with award-winning projects, yet small enough for you to have an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity practice
- Lead the development of design solutions
- Provide technical design support to the design team
- Prepare schematic designs, Construction Documents and specifications in compliance with project program and building design
- Coordinate designs with other disciplines, manufacturers and vendors
- Perform field surveys and observations
- Responsible for completeness and accuracy of construction documents and coordination with other disciplines
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 10 years minimum work experience
- Licensed Engineer
- NCEES Accredited
- Competency in AutoCAD required
- Experience with Revit preferred
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Problem Solver
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication
- Attention to Detail
Carlson Design Group is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identitity, citizenship status, status as an individual with a disability, military, or protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decision concerning career development, recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment.